Wednesday 21 January 2009

Isn't blogging brillllliant??!!!

Welcome gentle reader, to the back of my cab. I am currently doing 80 on the M23, and have had enough of the driver telling me how any animal can get UK benefits without ever leaving their home in Africa....
Have just had a couple of days in Dublin, all completely overshadowed of course by the inauguration of President Obama. And yes JMP it sure does feel good not seeing the P word followed by Bush...
I will leave more educated and flowery writers to describe events, all I wanted to mention was my overwhelming sense of melancholy and fear that yesterday was the best day of Obama's presidency. Yesterday nothing was his fault, and he had promise, ideas, opportunities. Could one man change a world.
And then before he had visited his 7th ball, before he had even swiped his door pass at the White House, came news that he was stopping the Guantanamo trials due to start today. And for me that was more important than any silly parade - he has started, and in the way we wanted him to. So today I am confident. It won't all happen tomorrow, but the world will improve. And then someone will run out of water and it will all kick off anew.......

No comments: